1.05.2009

Blogger's Shortcomings

Hiya. I feel sorry (though I'm not sure who I'm apoligizing to) that I haven't blogged in a few days. Today, I just wanted to share what's on my mind about blogging.
  • On the one hand, blogging is a creative activity, in that all kinds of people of all sorts of interests and age and nationality can document their lives, share internet links or funny pictures, let loose some thoughts that otherwise would never be heard out loud, or just to act silly and trivial about things (as in, "OMG, it's so close to NewYear!!! eep! Twilight is sooo cewl!! I love America's Funniest Home Video's!! Hahahahahahaha!!!" etc. etc.)
  • Just so you know, the above thoughts in parenteses are super-exagerated thoughts of my own. Here are my real thoughts. (Wow, 2009 already. I haven't read Twilight yet, much less seen the movie, so what do I know. I really do love America's Funniest Home Videos, but not quite that much, I mean come on.
  • On the other hand, great blogs are so hard to find on this website. I would like to see Blogger have a search engine similar to the Google homepage, where you can use keywords to find other blogs.
  • On the other other hand, Blogger is a fun place to just be yourself. With little chance of being read, I have license to be as crazy as I want, with no-one to judge me excepting people who comment!
  • On the other hand (how many hands do I have again? I feel like an octopus over here!) I just might have an audience of at least one, so I need to kind of calm myself down a little in case of overwhelming anyone.
  • On another hand, I'd like to see less people who lie about their age, or don't list their interests. Come on people, don't be shy!
  • On another other hand, one does need to be discreet and not too revealing on the world wide web. You never know who exactly is reading your stuff.
I am sadly confused. I don't know what I really think about blogging. Still, I think I feel a bit better, letting loose my thoughts. I hope I didn't put anyone down or make anyone feel bad, and if I did, please accept my apoligies. I suppose Blogger isn't too bad. I just need to calm down and focus on something else.

Check out what I had for lunch today!
The pink sauce is my favorite part. It has beets in it. Besides that, there is broccoli, curried rice, corn-on-the-cob, and customized salad. All homemade, as usual. Verdict: delicioso!

Okay, over and out.

No comments: