2.23.2009

Post #30 = Beach Day + Oscar's Night = Get Ready for a Long Post!

Okay, this is my 30th blog post! I want to make it special. It'll have a lot of pictures, and it will get kindof lengthy. Are you prepared to sit still for about 10 minutes? Well, if you are, then Welcome to my World.

I had such a great beach day! My family woke up early at 8:30 to get ready to go. We got to the beach at about 10:30. Usually we arrive at the beach later than that, like after noon, but the earlier it is the better for sure! The sun is lower in the sky and the air is so...so... beachy. (I know, funny word to read aloud. What else could I say? salty? cool? fresh? None of them are descriptive enough for me.)
Anyway, I swam in the Atlantic Ocean twice today. It was cold at first, but I braced myself and ran in! I just love the ocean! Swimming pools cannot compare to the beatutiful briny sea (unless the pool in question has a diving board, then I'm a bit interested). I spotted a fish that looked like a butterfly! It may have been a baby flying-fish or something, but it was very cool.
Here is a picture that looks somewhat similar to what I saw. It looked like this, only perhaps a bit more colorful.

I finally finished the book by Tom Hopkins entitled "How to Master the Art of Selling". It was a very good book, and if any of you readers are in sales and you want to make more money, invest in this knowledge! I finished the book in the middle of the day, so after I put it down, I saw that there was a lot of daylight left. Usually when I come to the beach, I read and read all day. Forget "Summer Reading", I get into "Autumn", "Winter", and "Spring Reading"! But this time I hadn't come with a back-up book, so I found myself with some extra time. I got into the game of "horseshoes". I've played "horseshoes" a few times in my life, but today I picked up the itch to play. I played about 3 games and I won 1. I got a lot of skin color from all that time in the sun. So much fun! I hope next week I can get better.

I was almost sorry to leave the beach, but my family wanted to get back home in time to see the Oscar's! We saw the Barbara Walters special with interviews with the Jonas Brothers and Anne Hatheway. Didn't feel like seeing Mickey Rourke or Hugh Jackman. Anyway, after Barbara, I was very impatient for the stars to get into their seats and stop flaunting their designer outfits. The Red Carpet Walk is my least favortie part of the show, but I had to endure it if I didn't want to miss a moment of the main attraction.
Hugh Jackman was a great host in my opinion. He must have practiced all those show-stopping numbers very hard. Very creative. I didn't get sleepy or drowsy at any part of the show, which is cool, because in past years I could hardly wait for the Best Movie Award to be given so I could hit the sack already! But this year I was able to stay awake through the whole thing and root entusiastically for my favorite movies to win. The montages were all awesome (especially the animated one. I love Wall-Eeee!), the introductions were given by a lot of celebrities that I could recognize, and the acceptance speeches were not too long (except of course the ones for Best Actor/Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress, Best Director, and Best Movie. Congrats to Sean Penn, Kate Winslet, Heath Ledger, Penelope Cruz, Danny Boyle, and "Slumdog Millionaire" respectively).

Here I will allow myself to go crazy for a bit about Wall-E and how many Oscars "Slumdog Millionaire" stole from it.
Why??!! 10 nominations for "S.M." and 8 wins? But 6 nominations for "Wall-E" and only 1 win? I mean sure it was for Best Animated feature, but I don't think it was very fair! Sure I haven't seen "S.M." yet, but could it really have better Sound Mixing or Editing than "Wall-E" has? How about Best Song? I was almost sure that "Down to Earth" from "Wall-E" would win against those 2 songs from "S.M."! But no-o-o! Ditto with Best Original Score! I say that "Slumdog Millionaire" stole those Oscars away from "Wall-E"! It wasn't fair at all that "S.M." had to be all greedy and hoard all those awards! Darn you Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences! Darn you all to Heck!

Okay, I'm better now. What a day yesterday. Well I feel you have suffered long enough. This post is now over. Thank you for reading, and please comment. Bye-eee!

No comments: