2.03.2009

All about February 3rd. A very good day.

I had such a fun day today. Want to read about it? Well you're here aren't you? Okay then.

This afternoon, me, my sister Bettina, and my dad made 2 pizzas from scratch. We made awesome pies with all kinds of vegetables on it; olives, mushrooms,  yellow tomatoes, peppers, and spinach. Yum (seriously). Just as we were putting the pizzas in the oven, my brother Adam and my mom came back from the farmers market. Talk about perfect timing! We put in fresh-pressed garlic and home-grown oregano in the tomato sauce. *kisses fingers like a french chef* So good! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. (Hey, wipe off the drool there buddy!)
My family used to make pizzas once a week every Tuesday for a long time, but now we've slowed it down to the first Tuesday of the month. Good enough for me, then the pizza becomes that much more special.

Later on, Adam, Bettina and I started filming our 8th "Leslie + Kyle" episode. We only filmed the beginning, but we're off to a good start. (See how I'm being all vague with you guys? I don't want anyone to know what the episode's about. You'll just have to wait for the new show. In the meantime, you can check out the 7 episodes already created. They're all in my blog here, just go back several posts.)

After our camera ran out of battery, we had to stop filming. I took Adam to the pool for a bit, got a little reading done, and then came back. It got really windy this evening, so after having been in the pool, poor Adam was shivering all the way back home. Water + Wind = Brrrrr!!

My mom took out an old travel journal of hers from when she was only 20, and she showed us her entries and pictures of her trips to California and Russia. It was so much fun to hear her tell stories of her adventures and antics. Isn't it interesting to think about how different one's parents must have been when they weren't our parents? It was really sort of enlightening, and exciting, to think of my mom as a young women, writing down all her experiences and taping stuff like postcards and napkins in this precious book, and living in a different time period from me, Bettina and Adam. I'm glad that I have so many journals of my own, so that if I ever have kids I can read about when I was a little girl to them.

Tonight, we went to the .99 cent movie theater (the one I mentioned back in January when I saw "Twilight"), and my mom and Adam went to see "Bolt", while dad, sis, and I saw "The Day the Earth Stood Still". I thought it wouldn't be such a good movie. You know, "Aliens are invading Earth! It's the end of the world!" I actually really really liked the story. It's a remake from the 1951 sci-fi flick (now I want to watch the original), about an alien race whose aim is not to destroy the planet, but to save it from the human race, by way of annihilation of mankind and sparing of all other species. Keanu Reeves of "Matrix" fame (loved that series as well), Jaden Smith, and John Cleese all played awesome characters in this movie. It wasn't very violent, although there was a lot of military action, and Jaden's character is very rebellious. Don't worry, the movie has a happy ending. (Oops! I hope I didn't spoil the movie for anyone! Sorry just in case. :-? )

I hope everyone had a good day today. Hey, it's the beginning of Obama's 3rd week of being President! I love my life. I feel so lucky to be here in this moment in time.

No comments: