I feel so happy today! I decided to make a list of everything that I'm happy about in honor of my 5oth blog post. Some of the things I mention happened today, and others earlier this week. All of them made me happy, and I'd like to share my happiness with the web so everyone can have a sample.
- A couple hours in Borders and salad wraps for lunch (homemade).
- Walking through "Home Depot" and opening all the drawers in the kitchen section (and reading the names on color swatches).
- Finding a few pretty looking tops, trying them on, and putting them back.
- Opening greeting cards with songs in them
- Driving home to "Motown" (I got a "remixed" album from the library).
- Reading music and playing the recorder. (It's not just for kids, you know.)
- Writing an original short story.
- Thinking that you're thinking of something that no one else is thinking about. (e.g. What if someone tried watering plants with orange juice?)
- Remembering a great movie I watched and playing back the best parts in my head. (For example, "Coraline"!)
- Taking a walk early in the morning.
- Working at something I believe in.
- My hamster scurrying around my bedroom floor with the door closed.
- Listening to the iPod on a cool, cloudy, breezy day.
- Dinner with family.
- Listing things to be happy about.
- Writing your 50th blog post!
It's fun when you don't have a particular reason to be happy, yet you're happy anyway. I don't care if this feeling goes away tomorrow, as long as I don't forget about the things that make me happy.