6.07.2009

Awesome Beach Day

Today was the first time in about 3 weeks that my family decided to go to the beach again for some fun in the sun (and the Atlantic ocean). I woke up real early in the morning, around 6:45, but after 15 minutes of no one else waking up, I went back to bed and stayed there until 8:00. Me and Bettina helped chop up veggies for the picnic, and I decided to start reading "Jane Eyre", a book that my sister recently finished. It starts out with the main character, 10-year-old Jane Eyre, living with her aunt and cousins, because her parents are dead, and her uncle promised to take care of her, only he's dead too, and the aunt and cousins treat her very poorly. Almost reminds me of another fictional young kid who lives with his aunt and uncle and mean old cousin (hint: Dursleys). Anyway, enough of my book. The weather at the beach was absolutely glorious! The sky had just the right amounts of cloudiness and sunniness so that I could get a nice tan without getting burned! The sea was wonderful as well; not too wavy, and not too calm. I wore a new pair of swimming goggles though, ones with a blue tint, because I lost my other pair many weeks ago to rough and choppy waters. Whenever I wanted to take my blue-tinted goggles off for an instant, the whole world took on a pinkish hue! It's something to do with the eyes, I think. When I close my left eye, I see more of the color blue, and when I close my right eye I can see more of the color red, and when I wear 3-D glasses, the red lens is on the "blue eye" and the blue lens is on the "red eye", and so with the brain all properly confused, when you sit in on a 3-D movie, the characters seem to come out at you! Oops, sorry for all the science, I kindof went off on a tangent there. Back to the beach. We stayed there for a lovely 5 hours or so. Not once did it rain. I wonder if this means the rainy spell we've had for almost three weeks has now come to an end? I hope we can go to the beach again next week, I really was beginning to miss it.

No comments: